This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help customise your experience. Find out more about cookies and how you can control them. These cookies are used for such things as the shopping cart, remembering who you are, and monitoring users through the site enabling us to better understand our customers.
Cookies can be either 1st party (set by us) or 3rd party, set by another website e.g. Facebook (Using the Facebook like button for example).
What are cookies?
'Cookies' are small text files that are stored by the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store such things as user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a "memory" for the website, enabling it to recognise a user and respond appropriately.
Cookies that we use are;
- ci_session, required cookie
- Used by the server to track your requests and responses where needed
- _ga* and __utm*
- We use Google Analytics to track visitors to our website, if you do not wish to be tracked, please visit the Google Analytics site to find details on how to remove yourself
If you would like to turn off cookies
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. For example, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to post comments. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Opera
Other useful links